Atmel Wi-Fi SmartDirect
Atmel’s Wi-Fi Direct technology utilizes the Wi-Fi adapter already included in your TV, set-top box, PC, tablet, or other device. Therefore, unlike other RF technologies, it eliminates the need to add another RF module to the TV, set top box or game console. This avoids costly hardware and software complications associated with traditional short-range RF technologies. The SmartDirect ultra-low-power Wi-Fi solutions from Atmel won’t compromise the cost, latency, battery life, or quality of the consumer experience.
With SmartDirect, Atmel offers the world’s first fully-integrated RF, baseband SoC (system on a chip) Wi-Fi personal area network (PAN) solution. It’s ideal for battery-powered human interface device (HID) peripherals like remote controls, wireless mouse and keyboards, and audio products such as wireless speakers, headphones, and many other applications.
- Complete integrated single-chip solution
- Wi-Fi SmartDirect
- Dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz a/b/g for compatibility
- Supports connection to any Wi-Fi device or network
- Ultra-low 2μA standby current for years of battery life
- I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, ADC interfaces
- On-chip MCUs
- Integrated RF front-end, simple reference design
- Direct-connect to battery, 1.8V to 3.6V range
- Support for up to 48kHz 16-bit stereo audio
- Easily communicates with Atmel's broad MCU portfolio through SPI interface
The SmartDirect family of products comprises of two different SoC devices that target different use cases.
- The WIFI2000 offers versatility to implement feature-rich remote and game controllers.
- The WIFI3000 further integrates the remote control functions with its embedded IR blaster and Keyscan interface.
Accelerating RF Design
The Atmel’s Wi-Fi SoC dramatically simplifies RF design by using the Wi-Fi adapter already present in the TV or set-top box. It removes RF coexistence hurdles traditionally encountered when you use another short range 2.4GHz radio.
Fully integrated radio, baseband, and microcontroller System-on-Chip (SoC) bringing Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Wi-Fi Direct technology to cost and power sensitive peripheral devices. Audio interface subsystem includes an audio PLL and a flexible digital audio interface block; making it ideally suited for interfacing to external audio codec and signal processing devices.
Fully integrated radio, baseband, and microcontroller System-on-Chip (SoC) bringing Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Wi-Fi Direct technology to cost and power sensitive peripheral devices. Glue-less support for full-size keyboard matrix scanning as well as the addition of Infrared(IR) transmitter capabilities.